Office Fitouts Penumbra Medical
It is my pleasure to write this letter of recommendation on behalf of Jeff Grimshaw – CODA commercial interiors
Jeff was the Director (general contractor) for the design, fit-out and move in
- The scope of the project included Design, permitting, fit out of the new office and warehouse space, packing and transporting of medical devices as well as office and warehouse furniture. . The project took 8 weeks and involved multiple work crews (carpenters, painters, movers, Data, and Phone, and electricians). Jeff’s services as a general contractor were invaluable, and I am extremely pleased with the final result. Specifically, I would give Jeff top marks in the following areas:
- Quality of work performed. The quality of work done was consistently top notch. Jeff used subcontractors who were knowledgeable, skilled, and competent in their respective trades. They were conscientious regarding timelines and budget, and their work rarely needed improvement or revision. The workmen whom Jeff utilized were professional, reliable, courteous, and respectful of the landlord’s property and privacy.
They tidied up at the end of each workday.
- Project management and coordination. Jeff’s prior experience really paid off. He was knowledgeable about all aspects of our project, and was able to plan, coordinate and manage the activities of different work crews effectively. Specifically Jeff uncovered a gap in responsibilities between the phone company and the electrician (nether had installation of a switch box on their lists) – Jeff’s early identification of this gap allowed us to proactively arrange for the work and not delay the schedule. His excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and commitment to follow-through are assets which enabled him to juggle the extensive details involved in our project without missing a beat. Jeff’s familiarity with building codes and dealing permits facilitated a smooth and hassle-free process.
- Effective communication. Jeff kept me informed of work crew schedules, delivery dates, and projected completion dates of different phases of our project. His communication was always clear, informative, and helpful.
- Flexibility and effectiveness in dealing with unexpected developments. When unforeseen problems surfaced Jeff worked diligently with me to identify a solution that was acceptable to me. He utilized resources and creatively and directed the work crew to make changes necessary for implementing the solution.
In closing, I am very pleased with the final product which Jeff was instrumental in delivering, and I am impressed with his work as a general contractor. I would not hesitate to hire Jeff again.
I recommend CODA / Jeff Grimshaw to you most enthusiastically, and without any reservations. If you have any questions about my experience with Jeff, please feel free to call
Ryan A. Powers Vice President of Operations Penumbra Inc. 510 748-3212